Icebug Capra is a trailrunning shoe made for athletes venturing into endurance competitions in technical terrain or just look for long distance training comfort. Just like a mountain goat, Capra is agile and at home on rocky ascents or descents. Materials have been carefully chosen with sustainability in mind in order to minimize climate impact. The durable upper is light, smooth and has a snug fit, still with a roomy toe box. Protective mudguard around the foot is a relief when running in harsh terrain. The upper and the removable insock both has a soft lining that gently embraces the foot. The Dual density midsole has a 7mm drop and really hides some performance enhancing features, for instance a 360° rim providing torsional rigidity. As it is made of BUGforce EVA the midsole has excellent cushioning and rebound properties, which translates to a soft impact and energy return in the take off phase. As if this wasn’t enough a forefoot Rock Shield provides protection when stepping on sharp objects. The outsole has a unique pattern with multi-directional lugs for optimal control. The compound is the benchmark traction rubber RB9X that really excels at wet surfaces without compromising the durability.
Key USP features:
- RB9X® rubber compound
- Outsole pattern with multi-directional lugs
- Midsole with Rock Shield, 360° Dual density rim and BUGforce
- Upper from bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester
- Lining from bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester
- Removable insole with lightweight EVA and 20% BLOOM Foam, lined with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester
- Midsole compound made with 20% BLOOM® foam EVA.
- 15% recycled rubber in the outsole