Icebug Acceleritas 8 – A new generation of the Acceleritas is here, targeting those that fancy minimalism and a must-have for the thrill-seeking runner venturing into swimrun, obstacle race or forest running!
The upper is super soft and smooth, so light it feels like being barefoot. The water pickup is minimal, the drainage is excellent and hence the wet weight is almost as low as when it’s dry. The heel cup is very soft and comfortable in order to reduce pressure at the Achilles tendon. The midsole is very flexible and the terrain feel is remarkable thanks to the low profile of the sole. A forefoot Rock Shield protects the foot when running on rocky trails. The shoe promotes the natural movement of the foot, it’s like running in a pair of socks, but socks that provide thermal and impact protection, and traction. The last has been updated with a slightly roomier toe box. The outsole is designed with an aggressive pattern where dirt is steered away to the sides in diagonal channels, using the same principal as in tractor tires. The Acceleritas outsole is crowned with the jewel among sticky rubbers: RB9X®. This innovative rubber compound provides incredible traction on both wet and dry surfaces, without compromising the durability!
Key USP features:
- RB9X outsole with tractor tire pattern
- Minimalistic, flexible and light
- Low drop and low sole profile
- Upper from bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester
- Lining from bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester
- Insole made of 20% Bloom Foam and lightweight EVA, lined with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed mesh polyester